Singer 14SH6540 Differential Feed Serger Sewing Machine  » Housewares  »
  • When it comes to sewing machine I believe there has not been any other brand that has won my respect but Singer
  • I learned this skill from my mother and I think this has been the reason why I got interested to put some investments on my sister’s garment shop
  • It has many convenient and innovative features like color-coded threading, adjustable stitch width, adjustable stitch length and a lot more

• by ladyli

When it comes to sewing machine I believe there has not been any other brand that has won my respect but Singer. Singer is my mother’s sewing machine brand. It is also my eldest sister’s brand and mine as well. I have this old manual Singer Sewing Machine which is already more than 40 years old but still working well and good. My mother is a professional tailor and dressmaker and she gave this machine to me. I’ve been sewing for more than 20 years although not on a regular basis because I have some other works to attend to. But sewing is one of my passions and I always find time to sew my own clothes, curtains and bedding whenever I am inspired. I learned this skill from my mother and I think this

has been the reason why I got interested to put some investments on my sister’s garment shop.

Singer is the only brand of sewing machines in our garment shop. I am glad Singer has gone a long way and has even more improved through advances in technology. The latest one is this Singer 14SH6540 Differential Feed Serger Sewing Machine. We bought this because obviously this will help increasing the productivity in our garment business. First we bought just two but when we saw how beneficial these two units have been we added one more unit and should our budget permits I think we will buy two more.

I myself have tested this Singer 14SH6540 Differential Feed Serger Sewing Machine. It has a booklet that gives very clear instruction on how to operate and it is just so easy to ...

• learn. I myself managed to learn it quickly. I’ve tested how the machine operates and it is really great. I think the best way is to study first how to operate so that there will no problem when using it. It is so light to use. It is in fact very effortless. I am fascinated by the machine’s differential feed feature. I’ve seen and experienced its efficiency. It really does speedily allow gathering of fabrics for creating ruffles and sewing knits without stretching. I am amazed how I could finish one long ruffle for the bedcover with such an ease. This two-needle machine sews six kinds of stitches with three or four threads. This is a fantastic machine because indeed stitching, trimming and over-casting can be done in single operation. The tension-adjustment dials for all four threads can be
        easily controlled. This sewing machine saves so much time and effort and has significantly increased our production. The purchase of these units have been really timely because Christmas season is just around the corner and we’ve got to rush with the increasing orders that comes with the holiday season

The machine is also convertible to free-arm work. It is just as simple as removing the cloth plate. It has many convenient and innovative features like color-coded threading, adjustable stitch width, adjustable stitch length and a lot more.

What I also like is that this Singer 14SH6540 Differential Feed Serger Sewing Machine comes with a 25-year warranty against defects on the sewing machine head. I think this is already a good guarantee, apart from the five-year warranty on electrical and electronic components; and a one-year warranty against defects on parts and adjustments that the company also offers.

Ravo Lalao says :

Hello, Does this singer 14SH6540 serger sewing machine can do narrow rolled hemming stiches? Does it sew light to heavy weight materials? What are minimum and maximum of the stitch width and length of this machine?

ladyli replies :

Yes it can do narrow rolled hemming stitches. It also does it sew light and heavy materials. I am not just sure of how it could handle very heavy weight materials because I am not sewing heavy weight materials. I think you should just look at the product description regarding this and also on minimum and maximum of the stitch width and length of this machine

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531210866011231/k2311a1012/10.12.09