Lush Sugar Babe Body Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
  • I would definitely buy another one of these as I love the feeling of smooth, exfoliated skin on my body and using this is a more pleasurable experience for my senses than my loofah

• by jeanne71

I was treated to this Sugar Babe Body Scrub recently as part of a birthday present along with some other Lush products. My first thought was that this is a strange thing to exfoliate my body with as I am used to using a good old loofah to remove dead skin cells. This is a solid lump of pale pink and looks tempting enough to take a bite out of it.

It is made of sugar bound together with cream of tartar with a buttery extra virgin coconut oil and essential oils of Ylang Ylang, amongst other ingredients. All natural products with no preservatives. This item comes without packaging and I should point out that it is unsuitable for vegans, possibly due to the cream of tartar but I am not sure.

I used it in the bath and I expected it to crumble but it stayed as a solid piece with a very abrasive exfoliating action. I imagined that it would dissolve too quickly if I used it under the water so I stood up in the bath to going over my body with it and developed the knack of gently rolling it in circular motions which seemed to work best. I could tell that my skin was very thoroughly exfoliated which ...

• Lush Sugar Babe Body Scrub
      made it feel really soft. The buttery coconut oil in the centre works its way through this sugary lump and that felt wonderfully moisturizing on my skin. The scent was lovely and feminine floral scent with a hint of coconut.

I liked this product very much once I had got used to rubbing this sugary ball over my skin and I did appreciate the fact that the coconut oil is moisturizing my

skin at the same time which makes it feel so silky. At £2.50 each, the Sugar Babe body scrub is pretty economical too as I have used it about seven times and I will get another few uses out of it. I would definitely buy another one of these as I love the feeling of smooth, exfoliated skin on my body and using this is a more pleasurable experience for my senses than my loofah.

Amber says :

re : I would definitely buy another one of these as I love the feeling of smooth, exfoliated skin on my body and using this is a more pleasurable experience for my senses than my loofah
Obsessed I love exfoliating and do it 4x a week. I LITERALLY love how my skin feels immediately after.

Galega says :

Exfoliating product should not be used four times a week. It removes the outer layer of your skin. If you allow the outer layer to get removed four times a week, then in the long term lots of problems may happen.

shayna says :

Can be very silky and smell great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311210865811131/k2311a1012/10.12.09