Dove Heat Defense Therapy Shampoo  » Health  »
2.0
  • Intrigued by the pictures and statements Dove has provided, I thought I would try out the shampoo first
  • I usually don't use a conditioner, or my hair goes straight from dry to oily, but if you usually do, I would definitely follow Dove's recommendations
  • At the end of the week, I was fairly disappointed in the results
  • If you're looking for definite results, I recommend you save your money and try another product

• by blunderkind

Recently Dove released a new line of hair-care products that promise to stand up to intense heat, such as constant blow-drying or working in dry and hot conditions. Dove, through their “hair repair challenge” promises to repair hair damage through this new line of products or they will buy you a bottle of conditioner.

Intrigued by the pictures and statements Dove has provided, I thought I would try out the shampoo first. I normally don’t use a blow dryer, but I do work outdoors frequently, and since it has been especially hot and dry lately, and my hair

usually turns to frizz at the first signs of high temperatures, it seemed worthwhile to try this new product. I purchased a bottle, which was close to the usual price of other Dove shampoos (I usually spend the extra couple of dollars to get Dove shampoo, but I stick to the cucumber formula shampoo).

For a week I worked up a rich lather of this new hair product, eager to see a reduce in the frizzy, split-ended, crinkled and dead-looking hairdos I have endured. I do want to note that Dove recommends using the conditioner too, as well ...

• as the spray-on mist, for best results. I usually don’t use a conditioner, or my hair goes straight from dry to oily, but if you usually do, I would definitely follow Dove’s recommendations.

At the end of the week, I was fairly disappointed in the results. My hair looked no different than it had on my normal shampoo. It still frizzed out on hot days and did not stay in place any more easily than normal. I will admit it may have been since I did not use the conditioner as well, but since I’ve never had to

in the past, I am still a little sad to see this new product did not help any more. I will be sticking to my usual shampoo, since it seems like all Dove products work the same on my head, and I much prefer the scent of the cucumber shampoo over the somewhat chemical-like smell of the new heat-defying shampoo. If you’re looking for definite results, I recommend you save your money and try another product. This one will keep your hair as clean and tame as any other shampoo from Dove does (fairly well, but not well enough).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341210865221031/k2311a1012/10.12.09