I.d. Bare Minerals Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • Also, I think it was a bit too dark for my complexion
  • The three brushes that came with the starter kit are amazing
  • I bought my sister a starter kit too, after she used mine a couple of times and loved it
  • But like I said before, I’m still using my expired Bare Minerals foundation powder without any problem

• by pennylane

I have been using Bare Minerals for two years now. Before then, I never used any make-up and was on the lookout for a foundation that proved the “no-make” look while covering major flaws. After doing extensive research, I ended up ordering the starter kit from the product’s website. It arrived within a week.

The starter box came with a .60oz foundation in medium beige, the mineral veil, the face warmth, and three brushes. I loved the foundation immediately because it matched my skin tone and when I put it on, it looked like I wasn’t wearing any makeup at all. Since

then, I have tried other mineral makeup because Bare Minerals is a little too expensive. But none of those other mineral makeup from the drugstore quite did it. So, I went back to Bare Minerals. I’m still using the mineral veil that came with my starter box, because I rarely ever use it and there’s quite a lot in the jar. I’ve had to buy the foundation powder only once. However, to my dismay, the foundation powder has an expiration date on it. I did not even notice it until recently and realized that I had been using an expired foundation. I hate to throw it away because there is still quite a bit left, so I’m still using it. It hasn’t made me break out or anything like that, so I’ll keep using it until it runs out and then buy a new one. I didn’t care much for the warmth (which is mainly a bronzer), because I don’t really use bronzers regularly. Also, I think it was a bit too dark for my complexion. The three brushes that came with the starter kit are amazing! I still have them, and they serve as my everyday brushes. I use the kabuki ...

• I.d. Bare Minerals Foundation
      brush to apply my foundation, and the blush brush to apply the mineral veil and my blush. I rarely ever use the concealer brush because I apply my concealer with my fingertips. However, for those who prefer to use a brush, this is a great one.

I can’t really think of anything negative to say about the Bare Minerals foundation, because it has served me very well. It is exactly what I’m look for in a foundation: great coverage that provides the “no-makeup” look. I bought my sister a starter kit too, after she used mine a couple of times and

loved it. She is still using it and loving it. The only thing that annoys me is the expiration date. I wish makeup didn’t expire, because I don’t use a lot of makeup on a daily basis. But like I said before, I’m still using my expired Bare Minerals foundation powder without any problem.

I have slept with my make up on a few times (I try not to make a habit of it), and Bare Minerals has never made me break out. This foundation will always be a staple in my make up bag. I cannot say enough good things about it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311010864940131/k2311a1010/10.10.09