Han Kuk Mi Brown Rice 5 LBS. (2.26kg)
  • I bought the Han Kuk Mi brown rice from the Price Smart #2207 grocery chain store in Surrey, British Columbia on May 9, 2009
  • The pack of uncooked brown rice was only $8.99 and buying it was one of the best choices I ever made as far as grocery shopping goes
  • Since it was my first time to try out brown rice, I thought it was going to take some time to get used to
  • Cooking brown rice takes just a little bit longer than cooking white rice, because I think the grain size of brown size is bigger
  • However, I could only recommend Han Kuk Mi brown rice since I haven’t tried any other brand or variety of brown rice

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I bought the Han Kuk Mi brown rice from the Price Smart #2207 grocery chain store in Surrey, British Columbia on May 9, 2009. I have been cooking and eating white rice for so long, while my friends have been telling me that brown rice was more healthy.

The pack of uncooked brown rice was only $8.99 and buying it was one of the best choices I ever made as far as grocery shopping goes. Since it was my first time to try out brown rice, I thought it was going to take some

time to get used to.

Fortunately, I loved it from the first spoonful. To cook this brown rice, I put my tiny rice cooker to task. I put two cups full, and also put the same amount of water. By now, I am an expert cooker of rice, since I have been eating rice from childhood.

Now that I’ve been living in Canada, I must say that I have become rather accustomed to eating bread with various dishes, but at home, rice is still my first preference.

Cooking brown rice takes just a little ...

• bit longer than cooking white rice, because I think the grain size of brown size is bigger. But when you have a rice cooker, you don’t really have to watch your rice until it’s done.

You know that the rice is cooked when you hear a click and the light indicator on the rice cooker has changed from Cook to Warm. After having finished all of this brown rice that I bought after about a month, I have to say, I won’t be eating white rice any time soon.

Not only is brown rice more

nutritious than white because less refining is done at the processing level, it is also far yummier tasting. It’s like you’re eating Japanese rice with corn.

I also notice that eating brown rice makes me less hungry, compared to white rice. So for those rice eaters out there who haven’t switched to brown yet, it’s about time!

However, I could only recommend Han Kuk Mi brown rice since I haven’t tried any other brand or variety of brown rice.

Vincent Hoffart says :

re : However, I could only recommend Han Kuk Mi brown rice since I haven’t tried any other brand or variety of brown rice
    Why does the recipe for brown rice only call for 1 1/4 cups water for 1 cup of rice

Charlotte Bradshaw says :

Hello Vincent,
    The typical makes 1 1/4 cups water for 1 cup of rice ratio prevent rice to get mushy. For long-grain brown rice, use 1 1/4 cups water to 1 mug rice. For short-grain, use 1 1/2 mugs water.
    When cooking never ever mix the rice or you will certainly wind up with very mushy rice

sincerely
    Charlotte

Richie Mogwai adds :

Vincent, it looks like Charlotte already answered your question

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271010864610131/k2311a1010/10.10.09