Tiger Airways  » Airlines  »
  • To get to Perth can cost a few hundred by plane and even about the same by rail or bus
  • Even factoring in the cost of going from Sydney to Perth I still saved hundreds and I enjoyed spending a couple of days in Perth while I was there
  • I noticed by spending a bit of extra time on the site that between different dates prices may vary by up to a few hundred dollars and it seems to be cheaper the more in advance you book

• by karmageddon

I am still amazed that I could fly from Perth in Australia to Bangkok in Thailand for only $700 return. I have been to Thailand before and paid $2000 return after shopping around and booking in advance but I could not get under $2000 and in many cases the fare was significantly higher than that.

The only catch I find with Tiger Airways is that the cheapest flights are from Perth, rather than Sydney or Melbourne where I guess most people would be flying from since they are the major cities. To get to

Perth can cost a few hundred by plane and even about the same by rail or bus. Even factoring in the cost of going from Sydney to Perth I still saved hundreds and I enjoyed spending a couple of days in Perth while I was there.

I had to book online and pay via Mastercard. I noticed by spending a bit of extra time on the site that between different dates prices may vary by up to a few hundred dollars and it seems to be cheaper the more in advance you book. I ...

• booked a trip to Singapore from Perth and saved $100 by booking three months in advance. The total fare was $154. I have paid more than that to fly from Sydney to Brisbane.

As far as I can tell Tiger does not advertise very much. I had never heard of them until I asked a friend how she managed to afford to visit so many countries and she told me about flying Tiger. I expected that the planes may be substandard or overcrowded but they were no different to any other plane, the staff were

really pleasant and professional and we were on time. Like other cheaper airlines food and drinks are not automatically handed out and added to the fare, although there is a good selection that can be bought as well as headphones to watch movies. Unlike other cheaper airlines that I have flown Tiger departs and arrives at the major airports rather than out of the way terminals, which has proven to be very inconvenient in the past.

I plan to see a lot more of the world now that I have found airfares that are so incredibly affordable.

Tiger Airways

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401010864361231/k2311a1010/10.10.09