Finch pair as pets
  • My daughter insisted on buying them as pets and I purchased the pair along with the cage

• by ascribe

We all at our home are very fond of pets. We have also got a pair of zebra finch birds as pets, in a beautiful cage. The male is spotted brown in colour and the female is white coloured.

It was a cold day when I with my daughter had gone to the market to buy some household articles when we saw a shop with these beautiful finch pair. My daughter insisted on buying them as pets and I purchased the pair along with the cage.

The cage is a

colourful one with a swing in the center on which the pair usually swings. The cage also has two small utensils to hold its food and water separately.

Back home, everyone appreciated the pets. We sit around the cage for hours together on our holidays and thus enjoy their company.

All guests to our house spend some time near the cage, playing with the pair. Everybody appreciates them, and frankly speaking, we have not needed a vet for the last two years of their existence with us.

I ...

• also find their maintenance as very affordable.

But I take precautions to change the food and water every day without fail so that they might not consume stale food leftover. I also clean the utensils inside the cage thoroughly once every week.

The finch pair also bathes daily in the attached birdbath kept in the cage itself.

After bathing and drying up, the pair grooms themselves with the help of their beaks.

The male when excited dances and produces a sweet singing sound to attract the female.

Last week

the female laid two eggs inside the earthen pot in the cage and the female sat on the eggs throughout the day. Maybe one of the eggs went bad, as the female threw it out of the pot. We are hoping to see the other egg to give out a small baby finch in a couple of days.

In short, the pair of finch is an easy to keep and maintain pets if you love to have pets at home. Only take due care of cleanliness and protection from extreme heat, cold and huge sounds.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29910864221231/k2311a109/10.9.09