Selsun Blue Dandruff Shampoo  » Health  »
  • What I found was that it does a pretty good job in reducing the effects of dandruff on my scalp but it doesn’t get rid of it completely
  • If you have bad dandruff and that’s all it is, then I recommend using Selsun blue to reduce the effects

• by Savvy

This shampoo comes in a 11 fl. oz. blue colored bottle with a green cap. It contains Aloe to help moisturize the scalp. This shampoo is used to control and prevent dandruff. It serves as a conditioner as well as a shampoo.

What I found was that it does a pretty good job in reducing the effects of dandruff on my scalp but it doesn’t get rid of it completely. However, I rely on it to prevent more dandruff. It has helped tremendously with itchiness associated with my dandruff. My hair doesn’t fall nearly as much as it used to before I

discovered this. In fact, the bottle says doctor recommended and I can see why. It does significantly reduce the flakes. When I use it, my scalp tingles and cools. I like how it feels. One bottle lasts me a month since I only use enough to clean deep into my scalp. I don’t shampoo my hair with it even though the bottle says that it conditions as well. I can go two days maximum without using it and still be okay dandruff wise. This shampoo has helped in completely riding my head of the itchiness even though I still have a ...

• little dandruff. I also like the fact that my hair looks and feels healthy and strong. I can shake my head without worrying about flakes or hair loss.

What I don’t like is that the smell isn’t all that great. I have to top it off with regular shampoo to get my hair smelling clean not just looking clean. That’s why I don’t shampoo my entire head with it. Also you have to be really careful and not open your eyes when you are shampooing because it will sting your eyes. This doesn’t completely rid my scalp of dandruff, but I can’t

complain. It does help with it. I have to massage my scalp with it for a good two minutes during which my fingers tingle as well. I suppose that should be expected since this is medicated shampoo.

So far, this is the only over the counter shampoo that has helped reduce the effect of dandruff on my scalp. Therefore, I have to use it. The bottle says “never wear black without the blue.” How true that statement is in my case. If you have bad dandruff and that’s all it is, then I recommend using Selsun blue to reduce the effects.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34910864071131/k2311a109/10.9.09