Monistat 1
1.0
  • This is definitely not a daytime use thing
  • I think it did work as it was supposed to because by Day 7 I was completely relieved

• by Savvy

This is an applicator that is used for vaginal yeast infections. It comes in a white box with Day or Night written on it with a yellow side for Day and a purple-blue side for night. It is only one treatment applicator instead of the usual seven hence the name Monistat 1.

What I liked about this product was that it is easy to use and that it was just one application instead of seven.

What I didn’t like about it are a lot of things. The box says Day or Night combination pack. It can hardly be used during the day

because the medicine literally leaks out the minute you stand up. It burns so terribly that if I had used in the day, passer-bys would have thought I was having a heart attack or something. I used it during the night and it was so uncomfortable. I felt wet and the burning was awful. I put up with it throughout the night without much of any sleep. The infection is supposed to take seven days to be completely gone but I had hoped that by the next morning I’d have some relief. But no. There was more irritation and a dreadful ...

• mess. Most of the product leaked out and I was so glad that I used it at night otherwise I’d be in an embarrassing situation. I actually washed out what I could to feel dry and comfortable again. The burning did become milder later during the day. This was quite expensive for a single applicator that didn’t do all that it said it would on the box. This is definitely not a daytime use thing. As typical with these products, there was more medication in one applicator than necessary.

It didn’t go all bad though. After a couple days, the itching and

burning did eventually stop. I think it did work as it was supposed to because by Day 7 I was completely relieved. But I don’t think I’ll ever use this again. The dosage of the medicine is more than I could handle. I’m just going to stick with the seven day remedy instead.

If you can tolerate pain of burning sensations and have a higher tolerance for the medicine in yeast infection applicators, then go ahead and try this. But be careful to only use it during the night. If you don’t have such tolerance then steer clear and find another less irritating and painless solution.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26910864041131/k2311a109/10.9.09