Jonah Hex 45 comic  » Books  »
  • I know nothing of the character so it was good to have
  • She has the right idea, going out swinging in a blaze of glory is definitely the way to go in comics
  • I know Jonah's getting his own live action flick, which I'm pretty excited about, but seeing the DC Animated crew take a crack at it would be interesting
  • This comic has a very visual style so I could see an animated movie being pretty amazing

• by David Finniss

This comic picks up where the last one left off. Hex is believed to be dead by his enemies and Bat Lash and Tallulah are held captive.

The comic opens with a quick introduction of El Diablo, who makes an appearance here. I know nothing of the character so it was good to have. I took him to be just a “Zorro” type character and had no knowledge of the supernatural roots of his backstory. If the exposition hadn’t been there, I

would’ve been confused beyond saving so it was nice that they put that in.

Papayago tells his men to have their way with Tallulah, but they can’t do it. It seems her body has been through so much abuse that they can’t do it. At first I figured it was a pity thing, but as it turns out they’re just repulsed by her scars, and boy howdy does she have a lot of scars.

Jonah allies with some native americans, who have their own ...

• beef with Turnbull and Papayago.

Tallulah and Bat Lash attempt to make an escape but fail miserably. I have to admire Tallulah’s attitude of knowing that she’s going to die and being content with taking as many of her enemies with her as possible. She has the right idea, going out swinging in a blaze of glory is definitely the way to go in comics.

I would love to see this comic get made into an animated film. I

know Jonah’s getting his own live action flick, which I’m pretty excited about, but seeing the DC Animated crew take a crack at it would be interesting. This comic has a very visual style so I could see an animated movie being pretty amazing.

This arc is turning out to be pretty epic, bringing in characters and plot elements from across the entire run Hex has had. It seems to be building up to a huge confrontation so I can’t wait to see what comes next.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17910864001131/k2311a109/10.9.09