Sin City (2005)  » Movies  »
  • It features an all-star cast including Mickey Rourke (with interesting facial prosthetics), Bruce Willis, Rutger Hauer, Jessica Alba, Clive Owen and Elijah Wood to name a few
  • Although I appreciated the visuals I found there was something lacking in this film

• by jeanne71

The 2005 film, Sin City, is based on the graphic novels of Frank Miller who also co-directed along with Robert Rodriguez. I can imagine that anyone who is a fan of such graphic novels will appreciate this film a lot more than I did, although I did find the visuals absolutely stunning.

Owen and Elijah Wood to name a few.

They acted in front of a green screen and the vivid black and white background was digitally added afterwards, and this has created a stunning effect with the dark graininess and stark black and white contrasts of the actual graphic novels.

Color is used to great effect by having the odd item in a vivid color such as a car or a woman’s ...

• bright red lipstick.

The visual effect is a very accurate representation of the graphic novel, as though we are simply watching the characters come to life.

I did enjoy these visuals and found every scene fascinating in this respect.

I have never been into those graphic novels but I have looked at them and Sin City is just like a moving graphic novel – very clever.

Although I appreciated the visuals

I found there was something lacking in this film.

There are three stories entitled The Hard Goodbye, The Big Fat Kill and That Yellow Bastard and these stories have exactly the kind of absurdity and lack of depth that graphic novels actually do have and for me personally when that is translated onto the screen, it makes for an unsatisfying movie and to be honest, fascinating visuals aside, I did get a bit bored.

Sin City (2005)

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11910863941131/k2311a109/10.9.09