Freight Fest Darien Lake NY  » Entertainment  »
9993 Allegheny Road, Darien Center, NY 14040
  • I have been a season pass holder to this park all season, the season pass cost me a total of $51.00 and was worth every red cent
  • Dress warm cause it is definitely a chilly event but worth the cold and is a great way to spend a fall weekend day with the family

• by soccer_punk2007

This is a north eastern New York amusement park and hosts a one of a kind holiday event! Located at, 9993 Allegheny Road, Darien Center, NY 14040, The summer fun amusement park turns into an awesome display of fall and Halloween entertainment! I have been a season pass holder to this park all season, the season pass cost me a total of $51 and was worth every red cent! Be careful cause what they neglect to tell you is that each time you visit the park you have to pay a minimum of $8 for parking, even if you’re a season pass holder! But its worth the fee

for a day at the park! Recently the park sent me a email offering me to come enjoy there “horror fest” and I could bring a buddy for only 10 extra dollars! Well after reading a few reviews on this attraction and talking to a couple friends who have been to the event, myself and a few friends decided to make a weekend of it! And boy was it worth the adventure! As soon as you get there the whole park is changed into an awesome display of lights and all sorts of Halloween decorations! We arrived late afternoon and a lot of the park was ...

• still open to the public, but some of the rides and park were shut down! No water park in western NY in fall, way too cold! Food Prices if buying in the park are typically OUTRAGEOUS and there is a place called the Pizza Barn about one mile from the entrance to the park which is a great place to pick up a cheap meal before hitting the park! The park has a bus tour our you can take as well as pumpkin carving, bobbing for apples, face painting and every type of traditional Halloween craft and food, a great place to take the family for the day!
        At night the “Freight Fest” begins and has a haunted house that is the size of a extra large barn and is not for the ill of heart!! My friend got so scared and freaked out they had to let us out an emergency exit! We went through again, needless to say without my scared friend, and then one more time after we left! A MUST SEE event and is only $20 for non season pass holders and is worth every penny! Dress warm cause it is definitely a chilly event but worth the cold and is a great way to spend a fall weekend day with the family!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59910863491031/k2311a109/10.9.09