Tide Stain Release Tablets  » Housewares  »
1.5
  • I saw Tide Stain Release Tablets for the first time a few months ago at the grocery store, and when I received a coupon, I decided to try it
  • Then I noticed that black, dark brown, dark grey and navy clothes did look old and slightly faded
  • I would recommend NOT using this product on coloured clothing at all

• by Jessie Bahrey

I saw Tide Stain Release Tablets for the first time a few months ago at the grocery store, and when I received a coupon, I decided to try it. I am a fan of Tide Stick, so I figured this new product would be useful, as I always seem to have lots of stains on my clothes. I thought $10 was steep for a package of 20 tablets, but I figured it might be

that good. So, after using it on various stains and various types of clothes for a month, here are my observations:

-My whites with light coloured stains came out nicely and the white clothes looked bright and clean. Anything that looked dingy became very white.

-The dark stains on my light-coloured clothing just got lighter, but did not disappear. Tide Stick works better on these types of stains. Grass stains had better results-they almost completely came ...

• out-almost.

-My dark clothes faded-and this is my biggest complaint, and I even wrote the manufacturer over this. I didn’t notice anything the first time I washed darks, until my husband mentioned that his new navy golf shirt looked like it was faded. Then I noticed that black, dark brown, dark grey and navy clothes did look old and slightly faded. I didn’t freak out until two of my yoga pants actually came out with

spots that looked like bleach has spilled on those spots. Now I was thoroughly angry.

Needless to say, I have stopped using Tide Stain Release tablets. I don’t have the money to replace all the faded and ruined clothes. I would recommend NOT using this product on coloured clothing at all. It might be okay for light stains on white clothes but unless you want faded and bleach spots, don’t put this anywhere near the coloured loads.

Richard bartlett says :

re : I saw Tide Stain Release Tablets for the first time a few months ago at the grocery store, and when I received a coupon, I decided to try it
    Saw the product was very interested packaging attractive and convincing but love ither tide product.Im stilk torn but happy with other tide product for now.

Richard bartlett says :

re : Then I noticed that black, dark brown, dark grey and navy clothes did look old and slightly faded
    Tide product I use keeps clothes new very happy with my tide product.

re : I would recommend NOT using this product on coloured clothing at all
    If causing that damage I would find genteler product.

Galega says :

The quality of your clothes also matters. Cheap and inferior quality clothes tend to go for discoloration after using it. I would rather suggest to use a fabric conditioner to ensure that there isn’t any discoloration after you use it on the stain.

Debra Keskinen says :

Tide Stain Release tablets are a quick and easy way to clean your laundry. Tide has been a trusted name in laundry for decades so it’s an easy choice when shopping the hundreds of options in the laundry aisle.
    Tide has a great scent and powerful meaning action that I know I look done when cleaning my family’s clothes and linens.
    The only downside to using the convenient Tide Stain Release tablets is the price. On average, this product tend to cost more than its competitors. However, you know you will receive a trusted clean outcome with Tide. Other brands don’t always deliver.
    I recommend Tide Stain Release Tablets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53810863280731/k2311a108/10.8.09