St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I ran out of mine, I went to Target to buy a new one and noticed the new St. Ives Apricot Scrub for blemishes and blackheads
  • I think it’s the change of water and the change of weather and my skin is still getting used to it
  • I have noticed that I do not break out as much anymore since I have been using this cleanser

• by pennylane

Ever since I can remember, I have always used St. Ives Apricot Scrub. When I ran out of mine, I went to Target to buy a new one and noticed the new St. Ives Apricot Scrub for blemishes and blackheads. Ever since moving to California, I’ve started breaking out and I always seem to have blackheads on my nose that I cannot seem to get rid of. I think it’s the change of water and the change of weather and my skin is still getting used to it.

The St. Ives scrub claims to exfoliate and prevent blemishes and blackheads. I have noticed that I do not break out as much anymore since I have been using this cleanser. However, the blackheads on my nose are so persistent

that I think it will take a while before they completely go away. Also, it contains 2% Salicylic acid, which helps prevent acne. I have used cleaners with Benzoyl Peroxide as their main acne medication in the past. However, they were too harsh and would leave my skin irritated and blotchy. I have found that Salicylic acid works much better for me because it’s a lot milder than Benzoyl Peroxide and does not leave my skin irritated.

I usually wash my face with another face wash, which is not a scrub, at night and then use the St. Ives scrub in the morning. I usually go to sleep with lemon juice on my face. So when I wake up in the morning and scrub my face with St.

• Ives, my skin feels marvelous and oh so soft! And then after that, I use my regular moisturizer with sunscreen.

The only negative thing I can think of is its smell. It is slightly different than the original St. Ives Apricot Scrub, and I guess I’m just not used to this one. However, the smell is just a minor adjustment, and the benefits of the scrub are far too many, and far too valuable, to complain about its smell. Also, some people claim that this scrub is too harsh for their skin. I’ve actually had my friend who is in beauty school tell me that St. Ives is not recommended because it scars your skin. But, I think its different for everyone because no two people are alike

and everyone’s skin is different with different needs. For me personally, I have found that St. Ives does a wonderful job of keeping breakouts at bay and exfoliating the dead skin off of my face. I haven’t had any problems with scarring. I mean, if my face was scarring, I would see the scars right? Nope. No scars on my face.

Also, the price is unbeatable. This is one of the cheapest, yet worth more than what you pay, face scrub I’ve bought from a drugstore. I think everyone should give St. Ives a try, there is no way you’re not going to like it. I will definitely be going back for more. After all, it is called “America’s #1 Scrub’ for a reason. And a very good reason at that!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31810863080731/k2311a108/10.8.09