Blue Bonnet Margarine  » Food  »
  • I have been pretty impressed with the quality I have gotten from using blue bonnet margarine instead of butter

• by Emily
      Blue bonnet margarine is a great butter alterative for cooking I have found. I typically only use butter when I make baked good like cookies and cakes but recently was encouraged by a friend

to give margarine a try. I have been pretty impressed with the quality I have gotten from using blue bonnet margarine instead of butter. I had expected things to taste different and less rich ...

• using margarine but that was not the case. Had I no made the items myself I would not have know they were made with margarine and not butter. If you are looking for a
        less expensive healthier option to butter give blue bonnet margarine a try. I have used the blue bonnet margarine to make several cakes as well as several batches of cookies all of which have turned out fantastic.

CAROL BUGG says :

re : I have been pretty impressed with the quality I have gotten from using blue bonnet margarine instead of butter
    I enjoy BLUE BONNET I use it in all my cooking and baking . everything tastes delish one thing I don’t like is the new pkg design . I have trouble with those square lids staying on also with arthurites they do not pop back on easily so why did you change to square ??? sincerely CAROL BUGG

Galega says :

The manufacturer has changed Margarine pack into a square one to get users easily handle it. Use a spoon to have it. Don’t press with hand otherwise the square lid may not pop back easily. It will take one or two use to get used to this new packing.

[email protected] says :

can i use blue bonnet in place of oil in my brownie mix?

G M Burton says :

I interchange margarine, butter and oil in many recipes. Using Blue Bonnet Margarine will give the brownies a nice buttery taste. Just be sure to use the exact same amount. You can also choose to mix the items. Sometimes I use half oil and half butter or margarine. When cooking with olive oil I most always half the oil and add half butter. They compliment each other well.

Patty says :

Hello,
    I used Blue Bonnet while baking, cooking, on toast it was a favorite in my home, however every single store around me has removed it from their shelves, does anyone know why? We cannot find a margarine or butter we like and it is so frustrating. Walmart always carried it and for the past 4 months it has not been there. It’s not carried in any of our grocery stores in or around the area, so what happened?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27240886301131/k2311a0824/8.24.06