Amaco Craft Porcelain  » Other  »
1.5
  • I purchased 3 tubs of it-each tub weighed 8 and 3/4 oz and the product was white
  • At this point I am not happy with the overall finish and if I can't fix it, the project will be scrapped until something else can be found

• by ChatKat15

I was looking for a product that I could use to make a charm for a bracelet that I had an idea for so I went to a craft store and after talking with the sales peaple at length-they more or less told me that if I used real porcelain that

it could break easily. So, on to plan B–they told me about this stuff called Craft Porcelain, which they stated was sturdy and a little flexible plus lightweight and they said it did not require firing in a kiln, but to let it air dry.

I purchased 3 tubs of ...

• it-each tub weighed 8 and 3/4 oz and the product was white.

Each tub made approximately 60 charms.

When this product dried it became opaque, no longer white, but a dull opaque, almost grayish.

I dabbed a little pain on it to try to make it look whiter,

it didn’t work.

It is lightweight, but I am not sure if this will look professional when finished, so I am still experimenting with it.

At this point I am not happy with the overall finish and if I can’t fix it, the project will be scrapped until something else can be found.

Stef says :

I saw your post regarding the craft porcelain and I was curious if the dried product seemed hard and sturdy I was thinking of making some decorative bowls and I am curious as to what the dried product feels like. I appreciate any feedback you could give. Thank you in advance ) BTW Good luck finding a better material for your charms

Galega says :

Hardness and sturdiness are inherent characteristics of this porcelain. You are wondering if it will FEEL hard and sturdy. Actually, it will not only feel, but also be hard and sturdy in reality.

Tahti says :

You can mix acrylic paint into the clay when you first start making your craft. Also, make sure the clay you buy says white and not natural. natural will dry translucent. You can also try using soft pastel or a dab of markers mixed in with the clay.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12810862810631/k2311a108/10.8.09