University of San Diego  » Education  »
5998 Alcala Park San Diego, CA 92110
  • I enjoyed my overall experience during my time here
  • I thoroughly enjoyed my time at USD and would recommend the school to anyone

• by alanga

I attended the University of San Diego, in Mission Valley San Diego. I enjoyed my overall experience during my time here.

Education: Being a business major I was more than please with the quality of education I got at USD. Their business school really is top notch. Small class sizes (30 students top) gave it a much more personal feel. USD does have an odd set of core classes that you need to take. There is a very large emphasis on theatre, the arts, and religion. Several religion courses, a

logic course, and theater courses are all required to graduate.

Classmates: Most of the students at USD are outgoing and friendly. Like most schools it can seem a little cliquey. But overall most of the students are nice and outgoing.

Food: The food at USD is nothing short of incredible. The new addition of the Student Life Pavilion along with the all you can eat buffet style dinners and brunches makes for an incredible dining service. Cafe’s on campus have gourmet muffins, and other foods. Without a meal plan, you will find ...

• yourself broke on this campus. Food is expensive, but trust me its worth it. Brunches on saturdays and sundays offer a chocolate fountain for chocolate covered treats, an array of breakfast and lunch choices, and a great selection of beverages.

Nightlife: The party scene at USD leaves a little bit to be desired. Campus security is pretty strict so parties on campus are pretty rare. Fraternities and sororities are not allowed housing on campus so this tends to cause the over crowding of the few parties that are happening. Most upper

class men live in mission beach or pacific beach, so you are bound to find a party or two there. Once you turn 21 you are opened up to an endless amount of bars and clubs. This is where the nightlife at USD really shines!

Campus: The USD campus is by far the nicest campus I’ve ever been on. The school really does a fantastic job on upkeep. And let’s not forget about the views! Overlooking mission bay and the pacific ocean, you can’t beat it!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at USD and would recommend the school to anyone!!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 50810862400531/k2311a108/10.8.09