GE 3 Handset Cordless Phone System With Answering Machine  » Electronics  »
  • This is the phone we are using now at home and so far I like it

• by solfaja

This is the phone we are using now at home and so far I like it. The three handsets are very good because it’s perfect to put this phone in three areas of our house. So each time the phone rings, I can just take the phone closest me without having to run all the way to the main phone.

I like the answering feature of this phone system. It saves me a lot of time from talking

to people I don’t like, especially telemarketers.

Even if I don’t pick up the phone, once the answering service is on, I can hear the person talking when they left the message. This way I knew if it’s the pesky telemarketers calling so I didn’t waste my time answering garbage calls at all.

I like how clear the sound is when I am talking to the other person on the line. The quality is very good.

The ‘do ...

• not disturb’ feature is also what I like in this product. It is very helpful to me especially during the times when my first child was small.

When she was sleeping, I only have to turn on this the ‘do not disturb’ button and the phone’s ringer is set to mute automatically. As with other products I tried, this one has its flaws too which I wish the manufacturer will take notice.

First is there’s only one volume

to the phone which is very loud. I didn’t find any control that will set the ringer tone to the lowest so when somebody is sleeping he/she is not disturbed.

Another thing is when it comes to the part when I unplug the main phone to move it to another location, the phone settings are reset which is very inconvenient. I have to program it again each time.

With this minor flaws I still like this phone system overall.

Etta Solomon says :

I have this phone system, and it was working just the way I wanted it, in that the answering machine was OFf, since I waned my messages to be left with COMCAST, the service provider with which I have my phone service. However, either because a glitch occurred when Comcast was out to correct the problem that I was not able to receive faxes, or because I inadvertently was poking around with the base phone, now all of a sudden, my messages are coming thru the answering machine and not through Comcast. My user manual is packed. When I push the ans button, it tells me that the answering machine is ON. I just want to turn it off. How do I turn off the answering machine? Thanks.

Galega says :

I think you need to turn voicemail off to get out of this quagmire. Access your Voicemail settings. You will find turn off option there. Select that. Now, deactivate your Voicemail via settings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16810862080531/k2311a108/10.8.09