Walgreen’s Muscle and Joint Analgesic pain relief gel  » Medicine  »
  • I went to grab the Bengay and noticed this tube

• by Savvy

This is a Walgreen’s muscle and joint ointment comparable to Bengay. It comes in a yellow tube that has Muscle and Joint written in big bold letters. It is a greaseless gel that also has a vanishing scent.

When I was pregnant, I acquired the worst pain from sciatica in my hip. Walking hurt terribly and even changing positions during sleep woke me up. The doctor told me to apply Bengay or use a heating pad. The heating pad didn’t work. I went to grab the Bengay and noticed this tube. It was much cheaper than Bengay. I opted for the cheaper gel. I applied this gel for a total of

two days and my hip was back to normal, my walk was no longer crooked, and the pain had vanished like it was never there. I was so impressed and amazed. Upon application, the gel instantly cooled on my skin. The smell was that of menthol but it quickly disappeared. My skin felt cool for a few minutes there after but it felt good on the achy muscles. Right after the first application I felt a little relieved but a little pain was still there. So I used it a few more times and the pain was completely gone. I only needed to apply a little bit of it as it ...

• spread quickly and absorbed into my skin quickly as well.

It is just a 2 oz. tube but not having to use it in great quantity (there really is no need to apply too much, a little bit works wonders) made it last a long time. I started using it for all muscle and joint pains for everyone in my family.

The only thing I didn’t like about this and probably wouldn’t have liked about Bengay was that the instant you put it on the vapors sting your eyes. Not too badly but somewhat. It only lasts a few seconds. However, the result was so impressive that this tiny nuisance is forgivable.

Also, the gel is quite slippery, so you have to make sure that you start rubbing it without letting it sit on your skin for even a second because it will slide right off. Your fingers will tingle for a bit too since that’s what you will have to use to apply it. Be sure not to get them close to your eyes even after you’ve washed your hands with soap. The vapors are a little hard to wash off completely. But it does go away in a few minutes, so no other issues.

I won’t turn to Bengay for any muscle or joint pain since I have a cheaper alternative that works just as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26710861691131/k2311a107/10.7.09