Virginia Foods Meatball and Beans
1.5
  • I was too lazy to cook lunch and saw the can of beans that I bought the day before
  • Rather, the sweet flavor rose above everything else and it did not quite agree with the meatballs
  • I would not recommend this although if convenience is priority and this is the only choice, it can be tolerated

• by cristaldragon

I recently bought the Virginia Meatballs and Beans. This is manufactured by Virginia Foods in Mandaue City, Metro Cebu, Philippines. The can I bought was 226 gms. But I saw a smaller sized can too although I was not able to take note of its size.

This can was supposedly for breakfast but ended up eaten for lunch in one of my lazy moments.

I was too lazy to cook lunch and saw the can of beans that I bought the day before. The only effort I needed was to get a can opener and open up the can. Voila, I had food for lunch.

The can contained about 6 meatballs, about 3/4 cup of beans and tomato-based sauce. I assume it is tomato-based as it ...

• is orange in color and beans are usually cooked with tomato sauce. The meatballs were about 3/4″ in diameter.

I was disappointed with its taste. It was bland and lacked flavor. It could have done with a little more salt and some more spices to give it a little flavor and zing. Rather, the sweet flavor rose above everything else and

it did not quite agree with the meatballs. Perhaps with just the beans alone, the sweetish taste would have been alright. The sauce was also too thin and it was quite watery. I am used to my usual Hunts Pork and Beans that had a thick sauce.

I would not recommend this although if convenience is priority and this is the only choice, it can be tolerated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27710861421131/k2311a107/10.7.09