M-Audio KeyStudio Digital USB Keyboard
2.0
  • I like the appearance but wouldn't mind if the unit itself were sturdier
  • The first keyboard I bought had to be returned 2 day later
  • My main complaint with the keyboard is the latency problem
  • There is a huge latency issue between the keyboards and the software
  • M-Audio usually makes great stuff so the problem might lie in the USB/Digital experience

• by sweetkiara

M-Audio KeyStudio Digital USB Keyboard attaches to your computer via a USB cable. It is meant to work so that while you play the keyboard you can hear and record the music through your computer. The keyboard comes with KeyStudio Software that allows for this feature. There are also a handful of trial versions.

The keyboard itself is not terribly large. It has a pitch bend and modulation function on the side, as well as the ability to be able to adjust

the volume and the octaves. Besides the keys, thats it. No bells and whistles on this keyboard. The model is lightweight and the color is silver. I like the appearance but wouldn’t mind if the unit itself were sturdier. The key weight is not too bad for such a lightweight keyboard. I paid $99 for this keyboard at BestBuy.

Although this keyboard looks good, for the price you are getting what you paid for. The first keyboard I bought had to be returned 2 day later. It stopped working. I was not amused at all and almost didn’t exchange it for the same model. I was very keen on the software pack that came with the keyboard. Also for that price range there are not too many digital keyboards to choose from. I have a friend who has the same one and gets good use out of it so figured why not, maybe it was just a bum deal. I did get a new ...

• M-Audio KeyStudio Digital USB Keyboard
      one. It worked. It still works a year later though it does not get much use.

My main complaint with the keyboard is the latency problem. There is a huge latency issue between the keyboards and the software. It took me a long time to figure out how to work out some of the kinks and get the latency to pick up. It was more trouble than it was worth to be honest. I ended up hardly using the physical keyboard, and

mainly creating music through my music magic software program.

I wouldn’t waste your money buying this product. You don’t need it to create simple samples or beats, many software packs can offer you the programs without the physical equipment. If you want a keyboard, invest in a better quality one. M-Audio usually makes great stuff so the problem might lie in the USB/Digital experience. I have not tried any other digital keyboards to be able to compare. Buy this one at your own risk!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16710861080931/k2311a107/10.7.09