Walgreens Aloe Vera Gel  » Health  »
  • There are very few things in life that I love as much as swimming and it is with deep regret that I have only gone once this entire summer due to the fact that our local pool is always filled with screaming kids that probably do their business in the water and I am just so not down with that
  • This gel is very nice and I highly recommend it because it's non-greasy and it absorbs thoroughly into the skin and doesn't leave any kind of residue
  • I am really impressed with this stuff and I know that in the future, I'll definitely get it again

• by onerios13

There are very few things in life that I love as much as swimming and it is with deep regret that I have only gone once this entire summer due to the fact that our local pool is always filled with screaming kids that probably do their business in the water and I am just so not down with that! In any case, I just don’t want to spend the money to join a gym and I certainly do not have the luxury of owning my own home so cannot install a pool in the back, however, I have the next best thing. One of my best friends in Vegas owns a condo and although the pool is for the local residents, it’s still private enough that hardly anyone ever goes there once the sun goes down.

And since it has been chiller of late, even less people are there even though they also have a hot tub next to the pool.

But last weekend, we went swimming around six or seven in the evening and the water was super chilly but still lovely all the same. I did a few laps to satisfy the little mermaid inside me and then hopped into the whirlpool with my friend where we sat there for about another thirty minutes before drying off and heading back to her condo.

But the price for that wonderful night in the chlorine waters was severely and I mean seriously chapped skin around my inner thighs and rear area.

I honestly don’t know how it happened except maybe my skin has just become so delicate as I hardly ever go outside to ...

• exercise and I haven’t touched pool water in over a year or so.

But my skin was super dry and itched like crazy all night. And of course what do you do when you itch? You scratch…and man did I scratch like a hound dog under a fresh carpet of fleas! But all that scratching also leaves you with red raw skin and I hurt so badly that I could barely sit on my bottom.

I put some Neosporin on the skin, but that stuff gets super gloopy and will put stains in your clothing like crazy, so before work, I stopped at Walgreens and got a few items including their Aloe Vera Gel which was on sale. This gel is very nice and I highly recommend it because it’s non-greasy and it absorbs thoroughly into the

skin and doesn’t leave any kind of residue.

I almost didn’t buy it though thinking that it had some sort of weird chemicals in it but on closer inspection, it really is just aloe vera and whatever is made in gel. I take a good bath with antibacterial soap and then rub some of this gel over my body and it not only relieves some of the pain but also conditions the skin and helps it heal faster.

And really for just two dollars and fifty cents for a large tube of this stuff, it’s my best value of the week pick. I have used it faithfully for four days now and my skin is now back to normal.

I am really impressed with this stuff and I know that in the future, I’ll definitely get it again. A+!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34710861030931/k2311a107/10.7.09