Providentpersonalcredit.com  » Web sites  »
  • Sometimes bills do crop up that are difficult to handle and at the time I found Provident useful when I had nowhere else to turn to
  • This is obviously more convenient than having to remember to make the payments yourself
  • In my experience they were all friendly people and did not come across as intimidating but pleasant and polite, even on the odd occasion that I did not have enough money for them
  • Provident has a professional attitude and so I would recommend it as your first choice

• by jeanne71

Provident can provide loans with a very high interest rate to anyone regardless of income or credit history. They have branches all over the UK and you can find their number in the phone book, or you can go to their website providentpersonalcredit.com, fill in the simple application form and one of their agents will be in contact with you within days. You can get from £50 to £500 very easily provided you can show them you can afford the repayments. I have not used Provident for some time as my finances are in better shape these days, but I have had a number of loans with them in the past and I dealt with them frequently over a number of years.

Of course, if you can get a loan from your bank then the interest

you pay is going to be a lot less, but Provident is good for those of us who cannot always get such a loan from our banks. I have had loans from Provident in the past when I have been unemployed as my bank refused me a loan until I got a job again. Sometimes bills do crop up that are difficult to handle and at the time I found Provident useful when I had nowhere else to turn to. You must realize though that the interest is huge and you will have to pay a good proportion of the amount you have borrowed back in interest alone, so this is only an option if you are desperate and for no other reason. Their justification for the huge interest rate is of course that ...

• their customers usually pose a high financial risk and are more likely to default on payments.

The way they work is they get a local agent to visit your house, initially to look at your paperwork and hand over the cash to you and then on a weekly basis to collect their cash payments from you. This is obviously more convenient than having to remember to make the payments yourself. Over the years I dealt with many different local agents as some of them moved onto other jobs and new agents came on the scene. In my experience they were all friendly people and did not come across as intimidating but pleasant and polite, even on the odd occasion that I did not have enough money for them. We usually worked it out so I

just made two payments the following week so I could catch up. If you do get into difficulties making the payments you should speak to the local branch rather than your agent as this happened to me once and the local branch arranged for me to make much lower payments for a while. The agent cannot actually make any decision like that for themselves.

In summary, if you are desperate for a loan and you really have exhausted all other possibilities including your own bank, selling things or asking family and friends, then rather than go to a different high risk personal loan company which might use bullying tactics, you should ask Provident because they are friendly and willing to help. Provident has a professional attitude and so I would recommend it as your first choice.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 20710861000831/k2311a107/10.7.09