CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Family Affair  » TV  »
  • My fears were unnecessary as I found out in CSI
  • This creates a lot of interesting possibilities as the season goes onward

• by Orrymain

I’ve watched CSI: Crime Scene Investigation from the beginning. The show tends to have a decent amount of turnover, but their most difficult loss was that of William Petersen as Grissom, who departed midway through last season. I loved the way his exit was done, though, with him meeting up with his true love, form CSI Sara Sidle (Jorga Fox). Jorga had left the show

the year before, though she’d shown up in 3 shows last year. For the first show of the current season, Jorga returned. In fact, she’s going to be in a few episodes this year. I must admit, I was a little concerned with what that might mean for the Sidle/Grissom relationship.

My fears were unnecessary as I found out in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Family Affair, the opener of this 2009-2010 season. While Grissom is lecturing, Sara agrees to help out the shorthanded CSI crew. She was happy and we got the big news that she is now Mrs. Grissom. I loved it! It was great to see her happy and to know this relationship had gone to the next, logical level.

What I didn’t like was the exit of ...

• CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Family Affair
      the Riley character, though I’d read about it before seeing the show. They did let her have an impact on the CSI team, though, when Riley gave Catherwine Willows (Marg Helgenberger) a bad review on her exit interview. The result is that Catherine gets a wake up call and begins to act a little more like the boss, including giving Nick (George Eads) a promotion, making
      him her assistant, or essentially making him what she was to Grissom for all those years. This creates a lot of interesting possibilities as the season goes onward.

I didn’t really care about the murder of the week in this opener. I just wanted to see how the team was going to progress and how Sara’s return would be presented. All of that was satisfactory and will keep me watching.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10710860870831/k2311a107/10.7.09