Werther’s Original Caramel Chocolate Milk  » Food  »
  • I was a bit surprised by Werther's Original Caramel Chocolate Milk, but I think that was probably my own fault

• by Orrymain

I was a bit surprised by Werther’s Original Caramel Chocolate Milk, but I think that was probably my own fault. I was in a hurry when I saw a package of these on sale at the grocery store and just gave it a cursory look before tossing it into my shopping cart. I was expecting this product to be like the Werther’s Originals that I’d purchased

and loved for the first time just a few weeks earlier. As I said, the surprise was on me.

Instead of being essentially a hard candy that you suck on, Werther’s Original Caramel Chocolate Milk is truly a milk chocolate treat. That’s okay, because I do love milk chocolate. This Werther’s candy product is actually a mixture of the milk chocolate and the caramel, which is ...

• sort of swirled in. The package labels this as “rich milk chocolate marbeled with smooth, creamy caramel in fine European tradition.”

I liked it, but I didn’t love it, to be honest. I think that perhaps there was too much of the caramel for my taste. I just didn’t enjoy the richness of the milk chocolate because it was too often off kilter by the blended

caramel.

Six of these treats is worth about 230 calories. Actually, when I was going through the package, I usually just had two at a time, and that was plenty to satisfy my craving.

I’d give these candies a passing grade but I don’t see myself buying it often. It’s just a little too off for someone like me who really loves that pure, rich milk chocolate taste.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27710860860831/k2311a107/10.7.09