Hillshire Farm Deli Select Premium Hearty Slices - Virginia Brand Baked Ham  » Food  »
  • However, that was my fault for not paying more attention when I was buying it

• by Orrymain

Hillshire Farm Deli Select Premium Hearty Slices - Virginia Brand Baked Ham comes in the same familiar red Gladware tub as the other Deli Select varieties do, but this one is labeled as premium, and that really says it all. These slices of Virginia ham are thick and big and actually overlap slices of regular bread.

The tubs contain 9 ounces of product, which

is actually 9 ham slices at 35 calories each. While good, it didn’t really feel my need because the slices were so large. However, that was my fault for not paying more attention when I was buying it. Sometimes I don’t read as thoroughly as I should. This item was on sale, it was a variety I hadn’t tried yet ...

• of the Deli Select, and I expected it to be similar to the other products I’d used in the past. I just didn’t realize that 9 ounces meant 9 slices. Since I was buying the ham more for sub sandwiches and the like, the thinner, sometimes shaved type of ham works better for me.

That said, Hillshire Farm Deli Select Premium Hearty Slices

- Virginia Brand Baked Ham tasted great. It added real flavor to all of my sandwiches. I did chuckle at one thing. This Virginia ham is made in Kentucky. Go figure!

So, this latest Deli Select product does get my seal of approval, though be aware of what your use is for it before buying to make sure the premium product fits your needs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27710860850831/k2311a107/10.7.09