Avent 9-oz Feeding Bottle
  • I wanted to buy something that I read about was the best for my granddaughters
  • I bought 3 bottles from Ebay - 2 8-oz and 1 4-oz
  • The nipples come in several variations - slow flow, medium flow, fast flow, newborn flow and variable flow
  • My granddaughter has never had a choking experience due to a fast flow
  • Overall, I would highly recommend the Avent feeding bottles

• by cristaldragon

Long before my daughter gave birth, I was already bent on getting Avent feeding bottles. I wanted to buy something that I read about was the best for my granddaughters.

I bought 3 bottles from Ebay - 2 8-oz and 1 4-oz. They were reasonably priced and I took the risk that they were originals. I have not heard of imitation Avents though.

The bottles are fat, short with wide necks. They are very clear transparent and clean-looking with dominant color prints of blue & white and with the multicolored

avent.

The nipples come in several variations - slow flow, medium flow, fast flow, newborn flow and variable flow. I chose the slow flow for 1 month +. True enough, the flow was just right for my one month old granddaughter.

The Avent feeding bottles are very reliable in the sense that I have never experienced any leaks or spillages. My granddaughter has never had a choking experience due to a fast flow. The flow matched her sucking and swallowing pace.

The wide neck allows for easy formula preparation as ...

• the neck is far bigger than the formula scoop. This type of neck also allows for easy cleaning as the foam cleaner easily fits through the neck.

According to Philips, Avent is designed to reduce colic in babies because of its air vent technology which also prevents vacuuming. I did not have to keep pulling out the nipple in order to introduce air in because the nipple does not collapse. I noticed that the air bubbles were constantly present on the surface of the milk, meaning that air was going into

the bottle thru the airvents instead of going into the baby’s tummy. I noticed my granddaughter did have fewer colics when she started using Avent and she had a more peaceful feeding time. I also noticed that among the feeding bottles that she used, she was most comfortable with Avent.

The bottles are also very heavy duty. After 3 months of use, they look practically new and the performance of the teats are still perfect.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Avent feeding bottles. Though a bit pricey, they are worth buying.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54610859880931/k2311a106/10.6.09