Kroger Value Saltines  » Food  »
  • I will definitely continue to purchase these saltine crackers for as long as I find them to be the most attractively priced crackers

• by GenesisOne

Kroger Value Saltines are fine for snacking, for soups, for chili and more. Compared to the national brands, these saltines are just as crispy, crunchy and flavorful.

They hold up about as well in soups and chili and are just about as addicting when snacking on them.

Also, like the name brand saltines, these Kroger brand

saltines seem to work fine too when my stomach is upset and I would like something to calm it down.

Whatever is in saltines seems to work for me.

The size of the box and the packages are about equal to the name brands, too.

Plus, Kroger sells these saltines for under a dollar - that ...

• is a whole lot of crackers for under one dollar! If I had to point out a difference between the Kroger saltines and the name brand saltines, I would have to say that the flavor is just a tad bit duller.

Not much, just a tad.

The difference really is barely noticeable.

I plan on continuing

to purchase these saltines for my soups like chicken noodle soup and in my chili because I feel the saltine crackers enhance my enjoyment of these soups and chili and they also make for decent snacking crackers.

I will definitely continue to purchase these saltine crackers for as long as I find them to be the most attractively priced crackers.

john lanford says :

re : I will definitely continue to purchase these saltine crackers for as long as I find them to be the most attractively priced crackers
    reviewer states the flavor is "a tad bit duller" I disagree. The flavor is quite a bit duller. Where a name brand I prefer has a crisp buttery crunch the Kroger Original Saltine Crackers are, yes dull, but also less crumbly/less fresh tasting, less flavorful with no buttery component, and frankly taste what I’d think cardboard tastes like. If using to incorporate into a recipe they may suffice but standing alone or with butter/p-nut butter? I’ll give them a hard no

Duc Nguyen says :

I found this post very interesting and helpful

tom vaughn says :

kroger crackers are my favorite of all the name brands. Does anyone know who packs them for kroger?

Galega says :

Majority of Kroger products are manufactured by its own plants, including Value Saltines. You can see this info on the pack itself. It may be noted that many of Kroger products are manufactured by third parties under contract.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27510859700431/k2311a105/10.5.09