AT&T Navigator Application for the iPhone  » Software  »
  • In my opinion, it is better to pay the low monthly fee instead of paying a larger lump sum to downloading a navigation application, in case I decide to cancel

• by Milan Santoshi

I am currently using the AT&T Navigator application for the iPhone, developed by Telenav. I am satisfied with this application, as it provides clear turn-by-turn directions, and a host of great features, such as re-routing, option to select route by street or highway only, view the estimated time of arrival, and ability to store addresses.

The AT&T Navigator is far superior to the “Maps” application that comes standard with the iPhone. For one, the former provides

actual turn-by-turn navigation, and the ability to automatically re-route based on your location, in case you mistakenly steer off your original route. There are a number of GPS navigation applications available for the iPhone. Most require a fee of $30.00 or more in order to download. Here was one of the reasons I initially chose the AT&T Navigator, as there is no fee to download; however, there is a $9.99 monthly fee. In ...

• my opinion, it is better to pay the low monthly fee instead of paying a larger lump sum to downloading a navigation application, in case I decide to cancel. The AT&T Navigator application can be cancelled at any time, and the $9.99 fee is no longer charged once the cancellation has taken effect.

Although I am satisfied with this application considering its simplicity and numerous features, I have encountered some shortfalls; such as the application

randomly freezing while in use, and leading me in the wrong direction momentarily before recognizing my true location and correcting my route. In addition, though some may be dissuaded by the $9.99 charge each month for using the AT&T Navigator, we must realize that there will never be a need to pay for any software update, as other GPS navigation applications may charge. To me personally, the AT&T Navigator application has made my iPhone all the more valuable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30510859520331/k2311a105/10.5.09