Joy Mangano My Little Steamer  » Housewares  »
  • This unit has a pleasing shape and design
  • The way it was marketed on TV however, made me believe it would replace my iron

• by Shells89

This unit has a pleasing shape and design. It produces steam within 2-3 minutes, has a retractable cord and comes with a travel bag and attachments.

It is available in assorted colors.

The steamer does work well if you like steamers.

The way it was marketed on TV however,

made me believe it would replace my iron.

This is not the case.

The reason for this is that you have to use the steamer in an exact vertical position.

It is necessary to hold the unit with one hand and the garment with the other.

You must pull ...

• on the garment while steaming to maximize the steamer’s effect.

This can be rather strenuous as the steamer can be a bit weighty when filled with water.

It has been awkward for me to learn how to use this product effectively.

In addition, you can’t use this on large items

like say, a tablecloth, because you would have to be able to hang the tablecloth up to steam it vertically.

The steamer works well on most fabrics but if the item is high in cotton, I find it does not work as well as the iron.

I’ll be hanging on to my iron.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53510859430331/k2311a105/10.5.09