Stouffer’s French Bread Pizza
  • For those, like me, who are not cooking experts, this is the best thing that could happen
  • I know it's an old line, but eating this really is like having a party in your mouth where everyone's invited

• by David Finniss

Stouffer’s is known for providing quality meals that are filling, nutrious, and easy to make. For those, like me, who are not cooking experts, this is the best thing that could happen. The star in Stouffer’s line up is their french bread pizza.

You’d think that pizza is pizza, but Stouffer’s manages to give this it’s own distinctive flavor that you won’t find at one of the delivery chains.

Every bite is savory and delicious. You will actually find yourself saying “om nom nom nom” as you eat it because it’s so tasty. I know it’s an old line, but eating this

really is like having a party in your mouth where everyone’s invited.

There are flaws, however. There isn’t much in the way of variety. You have the plain cheese and pepperoni. Someone told me that this is a veggie style, but I haven’t seen that. I’m fine with the first two, but from a general perspective, having some variety would be beneficial. I can’t imagine it would be that expensive to add a few more toppings to the roster.

The individual pizza aren’t very filling. We eat two, sometimes three, at a time. With the even the large boxes ...

• only containing nine pizzas, they go quick. Offering a larger box, like say 18 pizzas would be a good idea. It is both a multiple of 2 and 3, which makes it easier and it will also allow each box to last longer. If that’s not feasible, making the pizzas bigger would give us a full meal from one pizza as opposed to the current size where moer than one is required to feel satisfied.

I get impatient when I’m hungry. With Stouffer’s the wait isn’t so bad, 10 minutes for the oven to preheat, and another 20 to

cook. The half hour goes by pretty quickly and once you start eating, you see that it was well worth the wait.

For pizza lovers, this is a great alternative to delivery chains. It is quite a bit cheaper as you get several meals for 10 bucks rather than one meal for 20 or 30. It’s also better for the environment as less gas is used transporting food from place to place.

If for some reason, you haven’t tried this product, you should. I highly recommend it. If this food doesn’t qualify as ambrosia, well I really don’t know what does.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27510859251131/k2311a105/10.5.09