Nature’s Way Fo-Ti  » Health  »
1.5
  • First thing I noticed about this herb was that it gave me a strange earthy taste in my mouth after taking it
  • At first, I thought it was just a coincidence, but when it happened three and four times in a month, I knew that it had been caused by the fo-ti
  • This was a good reminder for me, as it shows that natural treatments and supplements can still cause serious problems if your body does not agree with them

• by RedEyedFacade

I take various herbs and supplements in an attempt to keep myself from using traditional medicines. One herb I had heard good things about was fo-ti, as it is said to increase blood flow to the brain. The bottle I purchased lasted just over a month, and while I finished the entire thing, I do not know why. It caused a myriad of problems, not least of which terrible headaches. I do not know if these problems are exclusive to this specific brand of fo-ti, but I do not plan on finding out. This herb caused me nothing but issues, and I have no plans on ever trying it again.

First thing I noticed about this herb was that it gave me a strange earthy taste in my mouth after taking it. When I burped, I got an almost mushroom like taste in my mouth, and this was not

at all pleasant. I am told that this is because I chose to get the ground root in a veggie cap, instead of an extract in a gel cap, but I still think the flavor was a bit much. This was offset by taking it with a strong acidic juice, like orange juice, but I do not think that should be necessary when taking an herbal supplement.

This herb made me pee, constantly. I do not know what it is about it, but this herb just drew all the water out of me, and this left me feeling thirsty almost all the time. I had to always have a bottle of water with me, no matter where I went, and when I went to the gym, I would have to bring twice the amount of water I normally would bring. On top of this, it really did make ...

• me feel as though I needed to relieve myself constantly for about a few hours after taking it. I never took more than the recommended amount, and I had read that taking too much can cause this, but it seemed like no matter how much I took, the same thing happened.

Worst of all, this herb gave me some truly awful headaches, the kind that keeps you from getting up and doing anything for an entire day. At first, I thought it was just a coincidence, but when it happened three and four times in a month, I knew that it had been caused by the fo-ti. They would start off as just a slight pounding in the head, then as the day progressed, would turn into an all out migraine type headache. The worst of them all was the time I became so sensitive to light that I

could not do anything but sit in my dark bedroom for most of the day. As I wanted to try and give my body time to get used to the herb, I finished the bottle, and since I have done so I have not had a headache like that.

One thing I do want to say is that I do not know that these issues were caused by this specific brand of fo-ti exclusively. I have only tried this herb once, and while I would probably try a different brand if I wanted to try the herb again, I have no plans on trying my luck with the stuff.

Overall, fo-ti caused me nothing but issues. This was a good reminder for me, as it shows that natural treatments and supplements can still cause serious problems if your body does not agree with them. My body certainly could not handle this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34510859081131/k2311a105/10.5.09