Dover Pet Shop  » Pets  »
Dover, NJ
  • I have even called them for advice when facing a problem with the fish I have
  • But it is without a doubt the best place for fish and reptiles in the Morris County area

• by Opalina143

The Dover Pet Store is an independently owned pet store in Dover, NJ. It is not a chain, but is a private store. It is the third pet store in the area, in addition to Petco and Petsmart, and it is better than both of those for several reasons.

For one thing, the workers there are very knowledgeable. I’m an aquarium hobbyist, and when I have questions about fish, I can always count on them to

come up with the right answers. I have even called them for advice when facing a problem with the fish I have. Also, they have a HUGE selection of tropical and saltwater fish. It is the biggest selection in the area. Tropical fish is an area that the Dover Pet Store specializes in, and if you live in Morris County, and intend to set up an aquarium, this is where you should go. Not only ...

• do they carry all of the standard types of aquarium fish, in very many different colors and subspecies, they also carry many rare and unusual aquatic creatures as well. I was able to find an African Clawed frog there, an animal I could not find in any chain pet store.

They have a huge selection of reptiles as well, carrying many that a serious hobbyist would be interested in. People come from all over to go

to Dover both because of the huge selection and the extreme helpfulness of the staff. There are only a few staff members, but they are very dedicated to what they do.

I am not sure what Dover is like for cat and dog supplies- it’s sections for those things are small, so they may not be as good in those areas. But it is without a doubt the best place for fish and reptiles in the Morris County area.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29510859071131/k2311a105/10.5.09