Petsmart in Rockaway NJ  » Pets  »
Rockaway Town Square Mall, Rockaway NJ USA
  • I like the way they have many color strains of different types of fish such as mollies, platys, and guppies
  • One problem is that many of the workers at Petsmart don’t know that much about animal care
  • I think this is the same in other departments

• by Opalina143

The Petsmart in the Rockaway Town Square Mall is massive. It has a huge selection of animals and pet care products. There are products for every type of pet: dog, cat, bird, reptile, etc. Since I am an aquarium hobbyist, I pay special attention to the fish section. The Petsmart has a nice fish selection, carrying all the common types of aquarium fish. I like the way they have many color strains of different types of fish such as mollies, platys, and guppies. However, if you want something exotic,

you will have to go elsewhere, and unlike most private pet stores, Petsmart will not order fish for you if you want something that they do not normally carry. So this is on the minus side for me.

Prices are reasonable. About average- I wouldn’t think to say things are overpriced, but most likely I’ve seen a lot of stuff cheaper in other places. Of course, Petsmart offers the convenience of a lot of different supplies and products to choose from. Their section of fish food alone is huge. They carry ...

• every brand I have ever heard of. So I never have any trouble finding what I want in terms of supplies.

They also have pet adoptions there, where they find homes for neglected or abandoned dogs and cats, and in fact, this is where I got my own cat. I seldom shop at Petsmart for cat food as I find it cheaper elsewhere. But they do have a large selection of many kinds of food and I got my litter box, bowls, and other items from Petsmart.

One problem is that many

of the workers at Petsmart don’t know that much about animal care. In the fish section, there is one woman who is very knowledgeable and can answer all your questions. But if she isn’t in, you are out of luck. Noone else knows anything about taking care of tropical fish. I think this is the same in other departments.

It is a definite problem when no one can tell you anything about the animal you want to buy.

So with selection they are good. But in terms of help, they are wanting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29510859051131/k2311a105/10.5.09