Petco in Parsippany NJ  » Pets  »
Rt 46 E, Parsippany NJ USA
  • Fish care items and aquariums are overpriced, in my opinion, though the prices on the actual animals themselves are good
  • Overall, Petco is nice and convenient, as it is near my house, but it is by far not my favorite pet store

• by Opalina143

The Petco in Parsippany is a medium-sized pet store, smaller than the Petsmart in nearby Rockaway. It is never quite as crowded as the Petsmart, which is one perk, but even though there are often not that many people in the store, it is sometimes hard to find someone to help you, as there are not all that many employees. This is only sometimes a problem. Today when I went, I was able to see someone right

away.

They have a great selection of dog and cat food and fish supplies, and a passable selection of fish. (I am an aquarium hobbyist so these animals are the most interesting to me) They do not carry any unusual or exotic fish though, and very few reptiles. There are many nearby pet stores with much bigger selections of these animals. You can find most of the ‘standard’ animals here- pet rats, a cage of parakeets, a few guinea ...

• pigs, bettas, the types of fish most commonly found in aquariums, hermit crabs, and etc- but few things that are exotic or unusual.

Prices are a bit high. Fish care items and aquariums are overpriced, in my opinion, though the prices on the actual animals themselves are good. The store does run specials on cat and dog food on occasion, I recently bought 40 cans of cat food for 16 dollars, which is a pretty good deal.

One good quality

that Petco has is some people working there are very knowledgeable about the animals. I would not say they are experts (You can seldom get expert advice in the ‘chain’ pet stores) but at least you can get your basic questions answered. This can be helpful, though for in depth advice about pets you will probably need to go elsewhere.

Overall, Petco is nice and convenient, as it is near my house, but it is by far not my favorite pet store.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29510859031131/k2311a105/10.5.09