Lays Kettle Cooked Mesquite BBQ Extra Crunchy  » Food  »
1.0
  • The aftertaste was quite strong - too strong really because I found that it would negatively impact my taste of that food or drink
  • I think Pringles has a more authentic barbecue flavored potato chip and those are just as crispy
  • If you are someone that enjoys sweet barbecue flavored chips that are not greasy, then I would recommend these

• by GenesisOne

Lays Kettle Cooked Mesquite BBQ Extra Crunchy are potato chips that I will not purchase again for a couple of reasons. First of all, this potato chip just strikes me as being too sweet.

I feel that barbecue should not be this sweet.

I also

found that the sweet barbecue flavor stayed with me for a very long time.

The aftertaste was quite strong - too strong really because I found that it would negatively impact my taste of that food or drink.

These two factors really hinder my enjoyment of these chips.

On the upside, there is no grease to be concerned with when it comes to these chips because they are cooked, not fried.

This also means that they are a little healthier than potato chips that are fried.

Not by much, though.

...

• Lays Kettle Cooked Mesquite BBQ Extra Crunchy
      Even still, these positive qualities cannot make up for what I feel is a substandard potato chip that just does not satisfy my taste buds.

I think Pringles has a more authentic barbecue flavored potato chip and those are just as crispy.

Although admittedly, I

do not get as many chips, but at least they are a higher quality chip that I can enjoy.

If you are someone that enjoys sweet barbecue flavored chips that are not greasy, then I would recommend these.

They are quite simply not for me though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410858500431/k2311a104/10.4.09