I/O Magic External USB 320 GB Hard Drive  » Electronics  »
  • The item retails for $79.99 and is so far proving to be worth the cost

• by sweetkiara

I/O Magic External USB Hard Drive is basically what it sounds like. It is an external hard drive that you attach to your computer through a USB cable. The drive that I am reviewing is the High Capacity 320 GB Model. The amount of storage space is great for backing up my whole pc. Currently I have 2 pcs in storage on this drive. The item retails for $79.99 and is so far proving to be worth the cost. I have included the manufacturers website link for those of you wanting to see the products specifications. I am in no way affiliated with this product or company.

At first glance, the design

of this product is a bit awkward. I find it to be fairly large and bulky. It is not as easy to tote around with me as one of my other smaller devices. The model is sleek and shiny and comes in the color black. When the item is powered on it shows a bright blue light on the front of the device.

One of the features I do not like about this item is that you have to use it with a power source. It comes with an adapter that need to be plugged into the wall and the back of the device. One the back is also an on/off switch. One of ...

• the problems I have with this is that the adapter does not connect securely with the port in the back and the power flickers sometimes. I have to make sure the cord is just right and to not move the device at all to maintain connectivity. I was curious as to why the manufacturer did not make this a USB only product like other hard drives on the market.

When this item is in use and files are being copied over, the device makes a loud whirring noise. Like it is struggling to make the inner machinations work. I always feel as though it is on the verge of breaking. Another annoying feature

is that every time I turn it on it tries to Auto-Run the files stored. If this is an internal setting that can be changed, I have yet to figure out how to do so.

I haven’t had the product for too long so I cannot yet attest to its durability. At this time it functions well enough and it stores my information. I am still a bit nervous about it crashing and wiping out my date with it, but so far that has not happened. One thing I cannot complain about is the amount of space that it holds. If you do reformatting of your pc or others its a great way to back up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16410858400431/k2311a104/10.4.09