CSI Season 10 Episode 2  » TV  »
  • Although they can’t resurrect Warrick from the dead, with Sarah they still have a lot of options to consider
  • I like the fresh perspective on serial killers
  • For the gore-challenged individuals out there, I wouldn’t recommend this episode as a watch

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I’m just glad that CSI is back on track. To me, it lost its footing in the previous season, which coincided with Grissom’s sabbatical. No matter how of course the producers bandaged the situation, the crack evidently showed.

To me this was understandable, for how do you cope with the departure of the most important pillar of the show, who was even directly involved in the show’s management? This time, the plot of the second episode was about a Las Vegas town vigilante, a peeping tom, and a character who loved bow ties and got played a curious prank at his passing.

I just love it when this original CSI franchise goes double dipping, or shows two cases per episodes.

Often, the two cases are interrelated, not necessarily as far as the perpetrator is concerned but in terms of theme mostly.

In the case of Episode 2, there are three pivotal individuals in Las Vegas hometown, which are focused on, their lives put under the microscope to unmask the real criminal. One character almost wanted to be caught, which got me really curious.

But I guess the CSI writer and director wanted it to be forthcoming without actually having the character say it. I would say that is some nice touch right there.

Of course, for the main course, Sarah was again asked to return for the serving. I have to say it’s nice to see her for the second time,

• and I so wish that she would think of returning full time. Although they can’t resurrect Warrick from the dead, with Sarah they still have a lot of options to consider. I hope they choose the best one!

Of course, Nick was happy to get his promotion to supervisor, and in gratitude, he saves the day in this episode.

I like the fresh perspective on serial killers. The message is that although an individual can grow up under the influence of criminals, he has a choice, and does not necessarily need to be pre-judged as a conniving, calculating killer.

N back to the main course, how the bow tie intestines got into a corpse without any visible incision reminds

me of my childhood’s ship in a bottle project. Maybe this was how the organic bow tie got in there in the first place, I couldn’t help thinking.

For the gore-challenged individuals out there, I wouldn’t recommend this episode as a watch. But for those who can think beyond it and put the thought of Hollywood at the back of their minds, this episode is worth the watch.

>From this episode, it is evident that the CSI producers really want us to hang in there and never miss an episode. I can only hope that curiosity didn’t kill the cat, though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10410858140331/k2311a104/10.4.09