CSI Season 10 Episode 1  » TV  »
  • I was happy to see Sarah back, to lend the team a hand while it was saddled with a huge backlog of cases to deal with
  • My mom and my youngest sister always noticed that she had a rather big tummy, which was something I always managed to miss
  • I noticed though, that this time around, she was much trimmer and she looked definitely more relaxed
  • To make up for what I consider to be a worn-out plot, the special effects in the episode were made to takeover
  • I would therefore recommend it to be watched, although I would have wanted just a little more depth

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I stopped watching CSI for a long time, although I had always been an avid fan. It was just that I had not much chance to watch TV with all the writing I was doing. So I guess I felt lucky to have been able to catch this one, huh?

The storyline was about a budding actress who dies in framed up car accident, which of course sets off a wild who dun nit campaign among the CSI staff. The subplot is Marge’s poor management of the entire CSI team, which comes under fire for lack of leadership.

And who can blame the new manager? Grissom left in a hurry, although he was gracious enough to find a replacement for him, Ray, a surgeon by profession. But even Ray, had a learning curb, no matter how brilliant he was.

I was

happy to see Sarah back, to lend the team a hand while it was saddled with a huge backlog of cases to deal with. Sarah to me was one of the real pillars of the show, because she came from such an unhappy background. My mom and my youngest sister always noticed that she had a rather big tummy, which was something I always managed to miss.

I noticed though, that this time around, she was much trimmer and she looked definitely more relaxed. She also wore more make-up!

To make up for what I consider to be a worn-out plot, the special effects in the episode were made to takeover. There was a Matrix-like sequence at the start where in the freeze-frame scene, a mafia-like gang storms into the CSI headquarters to steal a corpse that held ...

• the evidence of who dun nit.

Of course, I think it was no coincidence that Laurence Fisburne (Ray) was Morpheus in the hit film Matrix. It’s obvious that there is a direct effort from the CSI director to always bring Ray’s background and experience to bear on every episode, especially this one.

I sense that it’s a deliberate tactic to fill the void that Grissom had left on the show. And I think it’s working, because I for one is rather intrigued at how Ray is coping with his new role.

I must admit that in most episodes of Season 9, I was quite turned off by the excessive use of humor, or putting a lot of lighthearted touch on the episodes. The episode where all CSI seemed to be part of a Halloween costume party, with an ode to Star

Trek comes to my mind.

Hence, I am just glad that they stopped this lighthearted course, and began to return to the serious side of a CSI’s life. Perhaps, the producers realized that the brand new approach wasn’t working for audiences so they decided to return to a tried and tested formula. For me, this is much better, rather than hanging in there with an approach that just made me lose my respect and interest in the original CSI franchise for a while.

Like I said, the plot of this episode was quite worn out, but to me it still had that characteristic CSI appeal. I would therefore recommend it to be watched, although I would have wanted just a little more depth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10410858130331/k2311a104/10.4.09