Hillshire Farm Deli Select Premium Hearty Slices - Hardwood Smoked Turkey Breast  » Food  »
  • I've now tried several Deli Select varieties and have enjoyed all of them to varying degrees
  • I liked the smoked taste which is really pretty subtle in my opinion

• by Orrymain

Hillshire Farm Deli Select Premium Hearty Slices - Hardwood Smoked Turkey Breast is one of the latest additions to the Deli Select line of deli meats available in stores. I like this particular line. I’ve now tried several Deli Select varieties and have enjoyed all of them to varying degrees.

I’m a big turkey lover so was anxious

to try this. Now the first thing that is important to note is that this is one of the premium products. I really didn’t understand what they meant when I purchased it and there isn’t really a clear indication of what separates premium from other Deli Select issues. That would be something I’d like to see Hillshire Farms correct.

In reality, the premium products are bigger slices in both length and width and they are thicker sliced. This means fewer individual slices are in the package, and I would have liked to have had that noted. That’s pretty much the extent of my complaint. These big slices, by the way, are ...

• Hillshire Farm Deli Select Premium Hearty Slices - Hardwood Smoked Turkey Breast
      bigger than regular bread slices so just like the picture on its container shows, the pieces are intended to be folded in two for consumption.

As usual, Hillshire Farm Deli Select Premium Hearty Slices - Hardwood Smoked Turkey Breast comes in a Gladware tub that is sealed. The slices are in a sealed package inside the tub which

opens easily by pulling apart the edges. The turkey breast was great. I liked the smoked taste which is really pretty subtle in my opinion. It might have nice to have a bit more of the smoky taste present.

Overall, I’m very satisfied with Hillshire Farm Deli Select Premium Hearty Slices - Hardwood Smoked Turkey Breast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410857740231/k2311a104/10.4.09