Flavored Pancakes  » Recipes  »
  • However, I find that I enjoy making and eating pancakes this way much more than simply adding strawberries or cinnamon to the top of the pancake

• by GenesisOne

Do you like chocolate pancakes? What about strawberry? Or perhaps cinnamon? Whether you answered “yes” to any of those or none, it is easy to create a batch of flavored pancakes just for you. What I do is I use my favorite pancake batter, put all the ingredients in a bowl, and just before I am ready to transfer the batter from the bowl to the griddle, I

add whatever flavoring I want.

Sometimes, I will add syrup to the batter, so when I bite into the pancake, it already has a wonderful syrup flavor baked right in.

Other times, I will add cinnamon, and then I can enjoy rich cinnamon pancakes.

The more I add, the stronger the flavor.

You can add strawberry syrup for strawberry pancakes, blueberry syrup for blueberry pancakes, or you could ...

• even add nuts for nutty pancakes! The possibilities are really quite endless.

The only drawback to this method of baking flavored pancakes is all the pancakes will come out with this flavoring.

However, I find that I enjoy making and eating pancakes this way much more than simply adding strawberries or cinnamon to the top of the pancake.

The way I do it, by adding the flavoring directly

into the batter, I feel that both the taste and aroma of the pancakes comes out superior.

I just make the smallest number possible based on the directions on the back of the box.

Just remember, simply follow the directions on the back of your favorite pancake mix and add the flavoring that you desire before you place the pancake batter on the griddle or pan.

Enjoy your flavorful pancakes!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49410856920131/k2311a104/10.4.09