Kroger Bakery - Apple Streusel  » Food  »
2.0
  • The Apple Streusel pie offered only at Kroger and found in the bakery section, is, unfortunately, not quite as good as I had hoped that it would be
  • The reason I was disappointed with this pie is because it lacked a rich and delicious cinnamon flavor that I could really enjoy
  • I like cinnamon quite a lot and I have had scrumptious apple streusel products before, like cupcakes and coffeecakes, so I know what great tasting apple streusel treats can taste like
  • I still enjoyed the pie, especially when I would heat it up in the microwave

• by GenesisOne

The Apple Streusel pie offered only at Kroger and found in the bakery section, is, unfortunately, not quite as good as I had hoped that it would be. The reason I was disappointed with this pie is because it lacked a rich and delicious cinnamon flavor that I could really enjoy.

I like cinnamon quite a lot and I have

had scrumptious apple streusel products before, like cupcakes and coffeecakes, so I know what great tasting apple streusel treats can taste like.

With this pie, I mainly taste apple and little else.

There is some cinnamon flavoring to be found amidst the apples and the crust.

I will say that the apples are very flavorful and rich and the crust ...

• is soft and flaky, and the overall pie is moist and tastes good.

However, if I had wanted an apple pie, I would have purchased an apple pie.

I did not.

I purchased an apple streusel pie.

Oh well.

I still enjoyed the pie, especially when I would heat it up in the microwave.

The pie most certainly did not

go to waste.

However, as I said earlier, it is not what I was expecting and so I will not purchase it again.

Maybe I just got a pie that did not get prepared properly or for some reason not sufficient cinnamon was added, but I still am not eager to spend money on it again and possibly be disappointed all over again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410856890131/k2311a104/10.4.09