Kroger - Cherry Pie  » Food  »
0.5
  • The reason this pie disappointed me is simple
  • I found the pie itself to be dry, not moist like it should have been, and nearly flavorless, not rich and delicious like it should have been

• by GenesisOne

The cherry pies sold at Kroger found in the bakery section are not that great. Actually, that is quite an understatement.

The cherry pie is just downright horrible for the reasons that I am about to cover.

Unlike the other pie varieties that I have tried, this is one if the few varieties that I did not

care too much for.

The reason this pie disappointed me is simple: I found the pie itself to be dry, not moist like it should have been, and nearly flavorless, not rich and delicious like it should have been.

It was a real shocker when I took my first taste of the pie! The cherry flavoring fell ...

• way short and the crust came across as being flavorless and even hard and unpleasant.

I do not know what happened as the pies have always been quite good from the Kroger bakery.

This was my first time trying the cherry pie, but I did not anticipate being so disappointed considering how the other pies, for the

most part, tasted quite good.

For some reason or another, the cherry flavored filling just did not taste fresh or all that natural and the crust really proved to be almost inedible because it was so hard, dry and lacking in flavor.

This is most certainly one variety of pie that I will not be purchasing again from the Kroger bakery.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410856800131/k2311a104/10.4.09