Great Value: Sour Cream & Onion  » Food  »

• by GenesisOne

Great Value: Sour Cream & Onion are just as good as the name brand products. Compared with the Lays and Pringles Sour Cream & Onion varieties, the Walmart Great Value brand stacks up very well in terms of flavor and beats the name brand when it comes to value.

I get more potato chips for less money.

With equal flavor, it is a deal that I

have no reason to pass up.

My only complaint is unlike the Pringles and Lays canned potato chips, these are greasy.

Each time I take a potato chip from the bag, it leaves noticeable grease on my hands.

It is a shame that the chips are greasy, although I can look past that since the chips do offer quite a good sour cream and onion flavor.

...

• I also wish that these chips came in a rippled cut variety, but unfortunately, they do not, as I much prefer the ripple cut variety over the smooth potato chip.

Still, I do find these chips to be addicting.

I have a few and then in a very short amount of time a few becomes a lot and I need to stop myself from eating even

more.

The chips are very crispy and flavorful, and that helps to make up for the fact that they are also greasy and not the ripple cuts.

Whenever I desire sour cream and onion potato chips, I purchase these and not the name brands unless the name brands are on sale or I have a coupon that ends up beating Walmart’s Great Value price - which sure is not easy!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410856790131/k2311a104/10.4.09