Kroger - Blackberry Pie  » Food  »
  • I noticed that the black cherry pie made also by Kroger is the same way
  • I do not know why they do it differently for some rather than all the same way, but I nonetheless still enjoyed this pie quite a lot
  • Although this is not my favorite variety of pie from Kroger, I still do purchase it from time to time because it is most definitely a scrumptious and satisfying pie

• by GenesisOne

The blackberry pie baked straight from Kroger’s bakery is a little different from some of the other pies that the store sells. What separates this pie from say the apple or peach or blue berry pie is that it has a thicker crust to it.

Now, I do not think that this was done to reduce the amount of blackberries used, because based on my comparisons, I would say that, for

example, the blueberry and blackberry pies are about the same in terms of the fruit fillings.

The double crust does however make the pie thicker, obviously, and so, there is a greater emphasis on the soft and flaky crust than the blackberry filling compared with the other pies.

I noticed that the black cherry pie made also by Kroger is the same way.

I do not know why they do it ...

• differently for some rather than all the same way, but I nonetheless still enjoyed this pie quite a lot.

While I am not as crazy about blackberry as I am about apple or blueberry, I still found the blackberry pie to be loaded with rich and authentic blackberry flavor and this pie most certainly makes for a tasty treat after dinner or as a midday treat.

It is a very moist

pie, too, as long as the pie is eaten in about a week.

Kroger’s pies are always quite fresh, more so than a lot of other pies sold in the grocery stores, and they hold up well as the days pass on by.

Although this is not my favorite variety of pie from Kroger, I still do purchase it from time to time because it is most definitely a scrumptious and satisfying pie!

Louis says :

re : Although this is not my favorite variety of pie from Kroger, I still do purchase it from time to time because it is most definitely a scrumptious and satisfying pie
    I love the Black cherry pie, but cannot find it in the kroger stores. Can someone solve this problem.

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, I always order one specifically at customer service. My husband loves this pie and it is a specialty item that I usually don’t see until around Thanksgiving. However, the customer service desk at my local Kroger helps me order it every now and then. I would suggest giving that a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410856780131/k2311a104/10.4.09