Kroger - Red Raspberry  » Food  »
1.0
  • I found the raspberry flavor of this pie to be seriously lacking and thus really succeeded in failing to deliver a delicious taste to my taste buds
  • The crust is real soft and normally, I enjoy eating the crust as much or almost as much as eating the contents of the pie

• by GenesisOne

The red raspberry pie made at Kroger and found in the Kroger bakery is a pie that I likely will not purchase again. Normally, I really enjoy the pies that are made at Kroger because, among other reasons, they taste good.

However, when it comes to this particular pie variety, I feel as if Kroger dropped the ball - or in this case, dropped the raspberry and they did not drop the right raspberries in this

pie, either.

I found the raspberry flavor of this pie to be seriously lacking and thus really succeeded in failing to deliver a delicious taste to my taste buds.

Sure, I can taste some of the raspberry flavor.

However, I can not taste nearly enough as the raspberries seemed to be dulled down and simply not that rich or delightful.

Maybe I am not a big enough raspberry eater to appreciate this pie, but I have ...

• had raspberries before, and I have tasted better raspberries than the ones found in this pie.

On the upside, the crust was just as moist as the pie crust used in the other Kroger pies.

The crust is real soft and normally, I enjoy eating the crust as much or almost as much as eating the contents of the pie.

In this case, however, it is reversed.

I actually enjoyed the crust more.

Even heating up

a slice in the microwave failed to bring out some additional flavor.

I suppose it is possible I just did not get a pie that was baked or prepared properly, but I do not think I am going to be willing to take the chance again and pay out close to another four dollars for a pie that I end up not enjoying again when there are plenty of other delicious pies to be purchased from the Kroger bakery.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410856740131/k2311a104/10.4.09