MAC eyeshadow in Gesso  » Cosmetics  »
  • When applying MAC Gesso eyeshadow, I have always used an eyeshadow brush, which I think is the best way to apply eyeshadow in general

• by deem

MAC Gesso eyeshadow is a matte white powder eyeshadow. I originally received MAC Gesso eyeshadow in a MAC cosmetics palette a few years ago, and sadly I have now used up even the last few crumbs in the pan. MAlthough MAC cosmetics is known for unique and complex eyeshadow colors, MAC Gesso eyeshadow is a more practical matte white shadow. AC eyeshadow in Gesso is what I would describe as a “workhorse” eyeshadow.

In other words, it is so practical and so versatile that you find yourself reaching for it again and again, day in and day out, night in and night out. I have used MAC Gesso eyeshadow as a brow highlighter very successfully. Because MAC Gesso is a matte

eyeshadow, you can use it as a brow highlighter whether the rest of your eye look is shimmery or matte.

If matte, MAC Gesso can blend in seamlessly. If the rest of your eyeshadow is shimmery on a given day, MAC Gesso works great as a brow highlighter because you can wear it without looking too over the top or too shimmery. In addition, MAC Gesso eyeshadow works well to wear in the inner corner of the eye as a tear duct brightener.

Furthermore, if you have fair skin as I do, MAC Gesso works well as a base color on your eyelids. MAC Gesso eyeshadow also works well to tone down too bright or too dark eyeshadow. Because it is ...

• not very pigmented, you would have to apply MAC Gesso eyeshadow with a rather heavy hand in order to get it to really show up in a dramatic way.

However, to me that is a good thing, because I am not usually interested in a dramatic eye look. I am usually shooting for a more subtle, elegant look and, for that look, MAC Gesso eyeshadow works very well. I have been very happy with MAC Gesso eyeshadow and would be happy to repurchase it as a single eyeshadow.

For your frame of reference, I am a fair skinned Caucasian blonde with green eyes. When applying MAC Gesso eyeshadow, I have always used an eyeshadow brush, which I think is the best way

to apply eyeshadow in general. I have found MAC Gesso eyeshadow to be quite blendable.

If you are not familiar with MAC cosmetics, you can purchase them at department stores where they often have a counter. In addition, some cities have freestanding MAC cosmetics stores so you may want to see if they have one in your area. MAC cosmetics are also available for purchase online.

If you are a bargain hunter, you can also often find MAC cosmetics at discounted prices at cosmetics outlet stores at outlet malls. However, even if you end up paying full price for your MAC cosmetics, you won’t do too much damage to your wallet because I would describe MAC cosmetics as reasonably priced for a department store cosmetics brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31410856630131/k2311a104/10.4.09