Nescafe Gold Blend Instant Coffee
  • Most people I know like Gold Blend, and I find it very enjoyable down to the last drop
  • In summary, this is a smooth, tasty coffee with a good strength to it, which I like but this might not suit someone who likes mild coffee

• by jeanne71

Nescafe Gold Blend is an instant coffee that I have been buying for years as it is a reliable, quality coffee. It is marketed as a premium instant coffee and you may remember the sexy Gold Blend ad campaign of the 90s aimed at a social-climbing, middle-class audience. It is also a little more expensive than standard Nescafe and retails for about £2.89

for 100g but you can shop around as there are different offers in different supermarkets. I was delighted to pick up a big 200g jar yesterday in Lidl for only £3!

Gold Blend is quite strong just like standard Nescafe is, but it has more flavour and is smoother to the taste than standard Nescafe. It also has a lovely coffee smell that hits ...

• you when you break open the foil on the jar. Most people I know like Gold Blend, and I find it very enjoyable down to the last drop.

The packaging is attractive with the gold lid and dazzling golden coffee bean on the label to indicate the golden roasted coffee inside. Incidentally, the granules are a golden brown and are smoother than the dark,

rough granules of standard Nescafe.

In summary, this is a smooth, tasty coffee with a good strength to it, which I like but this might not suit someone who likes mild coffee. This is one of my favorite brands and although I would always pay more to get a quality coffee, if I can find bargains like 200g for £3 then this is not an expensive coffee either.

paul stanley says :

Long time user of Nescafe Gold Blend.
    The new jar I’ve just bought is a lot
    Darker than usual i noticed it in the
    Supermarket but thought it maybe the
    Lightning But after inspection at home
    With a jar I’d had for a while it is
    Darker Is it a new Roasting technique?????

Adaego says :

I buy it in Nigeria, I prefer to take it black (no cream, no sugar), and yes, it is darker it is the new Nescafe Gold blend, at least the new batch.

Alex replies :

Hi, I live in UK so I do not know where you can get it in Canada. Maybe the internet can help you, sorry. Best of luck Alex

Roger jones says :

re : Most people I know like Gold Blend, and I find it very enjoyable down to the last drop
    Gold blend was delicious now it tastes awful what have they done to it .

Marykirk says :

The new Nescafe Gold Blend is thin, very bitter and leaves a sticky deposit at the bottom of the mug. I tried emailing a complaint to Nestle but, as it was not possible to fill in two parts of the proforma, this proved impossible. I did reach customer service by phone but the human respondant just took my message to pass it on to the team. I shall hear nothing. End of a product I have enjoyed for many decades - in fact since it was introduced. Its gone the way of Andrex toilet rolls

zubeda says :

I’ll say this as a kenyan…our country lands are so dry from last year that’s why the produce wasn’t of high quality. Hope the dry season ends soon.

Jan says :

This coffee has had it, gone away to die Nescafe shot themselves in the foot trying to save money by using a blend of robbusta beans as they are cheaper
    R.I.P original Gold Blend

Jose says :

re : In summary, this is a smooth, tasty coffee with a good strength to it, which I like but this might not suit someone who likes mild coffee
    I have been drinking Nescaf Gold Blend for as long as I remember, but this new one it’s horrible the coffe the jar and even the lid and and label it looks very cheap , i don’t know how much you are saving , but not with me anymore . I won’t buy it again , the general public may look green but they aren’t cabbages
    Good look
    Jose

Jan B says :

I found this coffee quite bitter, I prefer roasted beans, specifically Kenyan beans as they tend to have fruitier flavor profiles.

Judith Canvin says :

I used to love Nescafe’s Gold Blend. I am so disappointed they have changed it. I really dislike it now however I have found that Waitrose French blend is very acceptable.

Steve Corley says :

Until the latest change I would have agreed completely. Unfortunately the improved new product leaves grounds at the bottom of the cup and although the taste is still good there are grounds in the coffee which means it leaves a coating of dust in the mouth. Other gold blend devotees have said the same thing to me. Please get them to take the grounds back out.

Elaine Slate says :

Can you buy Nescafe Gold Blend in Canada, if so where? I live in Windsor Ontario. Thanks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410856351231/k2311a104/10.4.09