Breville Polished Stainless Steel Kettle
  • I bought this Breville kettle from British Homes several months ago in the sale for £25
  • This is a very convenient feature as you can do it with one hand
  • It is the best looking kettle I have owned so far and I love the blue light when it is set to boil as it is both functional and aesthetically pleasing
  • I would recommend this shiny, turbo kettle, but try and get a bargain in the sale like me

• by jeanne71

I bought this Breville kettle from British Homes several months ago in the sale for £25. This was a bargain because the usual price is £50. This is quite a big kettle with a 1.7 ltr capacity.

Firstly, this is a great looking kettle and goes well in my kitchen with my other chrome gadgets. It is highly polished chrome with a chunky black heat resistant handle. It has a large window that glows blue when the kettle has been turned on

to boil with the lever. It is a rounded, tall shape that gets slimmer towards the top.

Opening the lid to fill it is easy as when you hold it by the handle, you just press a button with your thumb and the lid pops up. This is a very convenient feature as you can do it with one hand.

It only takes 90 seconds to boil four cups of water from cold, so this is the fastest boiling kettle I have ever had, which ...

• is handy when you want to make a quick brew whilst the commercial breaks are on.

I make quite a lot of coffees in the day and I finally worked out that the little callous that had developed on my hand was from lifting this kettle so many times. It is actually quite heavy and although I do not mind this, it might not be so suitable for someone with not a lot of strength in their arms such as the elderly.

In summary, I am

very pleased with this product. It is the best looking kettle I have owned so far and I love the blue light when it is set to boil as it is both functional and aesthetically pleasing. The whole kettle is designed well and the only drawback I can see for anyone would be the fact that it is heavy. It is sturdy and the levers and buttons are chunky. I would recommend this shiny, turbo kettle, but try and get a bargain in the sale like me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53410856341231/k2311a104/10.4.09