The Co-operative Cheese and Onion Quiche  » Food  »
2.0
  • I got a bargain today because I managed to buy one of The Co-operative’s own brand cheese and onion quiche for only 63p because it was nearly out of date, but I have 24 hours to eat it which should not be a problem
  • One thing I like about this quiche is that the pieces of onion are quite small, so you do not get a big stringy bit of onion in a mouthful
  • The actual taste, after I have blasted it with plenty of white pepper, is pleasant, but not the best I have ever had

• by jeanne71

I got a bargain today because I managed to buy one of The Co-operative’s own brand cheese and onion quiche for only 63p because it was nearly out of date, but I have 24 hours to eat it which should not be a problem. Usually, they retail at £2.49 for a 400g quiche which makes it one of the cheapest brands.

One thing I like about this quiche is that the pieces of

onion are quite small, so you do not get a big stringy bit of onion in a mouthful.

It is about 1 ½ inches deep which is probably perfect for a cheese and onion quiche as it does not have big pieces of vegetable to bulk it out. The texture of it is not particularly light – a little big stodgy actually. I have had other quiches that are a lot lighter ...

• but they are usually a bit more expensive

The pastry is pleasant and melt in the mouth, but it does not have a great deal of flavour.

The actual taste, after I have blasted it with plenty of white pepper, is pleasant, but not the best I have ever had. There is probably just the right amount of onion pieces to nicely bring out the flavour of the cheese and milk base.

In

summary, I would say that in relation to other brands of quiche that are around the same economical price, this is perfectly OK, and goes nicely with a baked potato which is something I often make. As I said, it could be a little lighter though, but it is probably as good as any other quiches out there at roughly the same price. So generally, this quiche is not bad for the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27410856301231/k2311a104/10.4.09